Friday, May 15, 2009

The Genuine Light and Power Versus Spiritual Rigor Mortis

We all have to be spiritually honest with ourselves, before we can go further in any development, physical, metaphysical or otherwise. It all works from the ground up, not sideways or any other way. Plants and being grow up and not down, right "down" to the mighty oak. When we are honest with ourselves spiritually, mentally and physically, it works. When we are dishonest no matter what the immediate "benefit", it does not work. What do I mean by "it". I mean life, existence or whatever you want to call the energy that is "it". On the other hand, spiritual rigor mortis is that reflex action that denies consciousness but pretends to be alive momentarily. In nature, all things go from a lower to higher potential naturally, anything else including the "death" energy is not natural. Which means that genuine living infinite life does exist as existence itself always does.

So, reality is not just action momentarily and that's it, it is a consistency. A genuine consistency. An eternity concept. So, even if the point of power is now, consistency is forever. And moments flowing into each other make up forever. The strength of now, is what is contained in now, sure. But forever is a part of now. But, as John Bunyan said, there are two times I keep free of worry and one time I worry about. Past and future, I keep free of worry myself, and the present is the constant cold hard cash I spend and worry about. Genuine rigor mortis is worry about what is non-existent. Meaning, there is not power in then or later, but now.

Now is cold, hard, strong cash. Now is power and strength. Now is everything, then or later is nothing but a blank check not written on yet. Concentrating on anything but now is weakness and not strength. Spiritual death happens when you avoid responsibilities in the now in any way. Spiritual honesty is living in the now, no matter what the fear or "inner divisiveness" seems to be.

I once read a book on facing the fear and getting through it by psychologist Susan Jeffers, Ph.D. Sure to anyone in self-denial, it would sound like the average "psychobabble", but to those who can face things head-on, it can be understood. Basically it said that what has to be there first is the desire to do the action no despite initial feelings that the fear represents. Indeed, action in the now is ultimately power although it looks like it will make you weaker, and the key word is the illusionary "looks". To avoid is to live in fear and live in the past results or future mistakes that are done and over with or have not happened yet. That, right there is a key to my concept of spiritual rigor mortis. But, I said a key, not the key. The key is courage, and that courage comes from working through the fear patiently no matter what. Honestly, forthrightly and in a utilitarian way.

Realistically, much can be said for courage, but when you do something with courage and are courageous, that is when things honestly happen. That is when meaning comes to light. That is when the light razor cuts the darkness away and shines fully. To my way of thinking, I'd prefer an active definition of courage like Mohandas K. "Mahatma" Gandhi had by putting it all on the line for myself, and leading by example, rather than a passive form of courage like John Fitzgerald Kennedy portrayed in his book Profiles In Courage, in that you "play politics" instead of honestly lead by your own example and your own reality. For honesty is as honesty does. That is my point. Real spiritual life begins with courage and action, not ends with it. It gets truncated by fear and inaction, not killed, even with any dignity. That is the point and summation of this article. So you have two choices, to be a winner from inside or otherwise, I choose to be a winner from inside no matter what, not otherwise ever. That right there, being a winner so fully is the key to genuine spiritual life and a genuine living psyche/spirit. Nothing else matters, because that leads to everything else that counts in life and existence.

My name is Joshua Clayton, I am a freelance writer based in Inglewood, California. I also write under a few pen-names and aliases, but Joshua Clayton is my real name, and I write by that for the most part now. I am a philosophical writer and objective thinker and honest action taker. I also work at a senior center in Gardena, California as my day job, among other things, but primarily I am a writer. As a kid I did construction work with my Dad which taught me many things like plumbing, hard labor and electrical systems, and I took notes for my Dad's home poker games at my Uncle Johnnie Gilmore's house, so I have a lot of life experience, sure. But I went to Cal State Dominguez Hills College, UCLA, and El Camino Junior College and learned a lot, but never got around to getting a degree, just lots of money spent, good grades and some credits. So, here I am currently freelance writing and working at a senior center for a living.

But enough details of my life, what I do is not what I am. So here is what I enjoy, I enjoy reading, listening to music (everything from Beetoven, Strauss and Bach to The Meters, ELO and The Band and Dylan/Garcia and The Grateful Dead also, when they were the Grateful Dead. Well, as you can tell by SOME of the music I listen to, I am a very eclectic person. I am also a deep science fiction fan and as said before, a lover of books. If I were to go into everything it would take thousands of words and I only have about three hundred words here, of which I have used 290 of already. Well, I end here. Thanks. Joshua Clayton.

No comments:

Post a Comment